William Arnold Log Cabin

Javascript is required to view this map.
Locations
Main Street in downtown Next to Forcht Bank
Williamstown, KY
United States
Ads
Phone
859-824-9202



William Arnold Log Cabin

Built in the early 19th century, this was once the home of William Arnold, founder of Williamstown. The two story house is constructed of huge poplar logs with a wood shingle roof characteristic of the log houses built during Kentucky’s early days. Maintained and cared for by the Grant County Historical Society, the building contains pioneer era furniture, memorabilia, early photographs, and artifacts of early Grant County.

Free Admission!

People who visits William Arnold Log Cabin, also may find interest in following listings . . .

William Arnold Log Home

It is located at 214 North Main St. behind the Baptist Church Circa 1811, was home of the founder of Williamstown. A handmade sign greets visitors as they walk in the door. William Arnold was a...

Grant County Historical Society

The Grant County Historical Society was founded in 1976 and is dedicated to preserving the history of Grant County for future generations. There are over 300 mem¬bers located in 34 states. Among the...

Early Development of Williamstown

But we must now notice briefly some of the material improvements of the county. In 1822 there were twenty-five acres of land condemned by Mr. Arnold for the town of Williamstown, which was surveyed...

The First Schools in Grant County

But two school-houses were in the county at this time. One of these was on Forklick Creek, near where Chas. W. Porter now lives. This house was built of small round logs, 14 x 16 feet, and covered by...

Religious History of Grant County

In respect to the early religious and educational history of the county we have been able to gather only the following facts: For two or three years previous to the organization of the county, Elder...

Early Development of Crittenden and Dry Ridge

Crittenden had now attained sufficient proportions to be called a town. The first settler there was David Cooper, who lived there, near where the Sechrest Hotel now stands, at the time of the...

John Ford Stone House

John Ford Stone House is the registered places in Grant County, KY. It is a 7 acres building in Grant County - S of Elliston, Elliston. Also known as Ford, John House. Features Of John Ford Stone...